- Flushes toxins
- Improves absorption of nutrients
- Helps form joint proteins, brain tissue and mucin protein
- Eases stress and improves sleep and concentration
- Helps prevent or ease migraines and headaches
- Helps muscles and nerves function properly
- Regulates activity of 325+ enzymes
- Helps prevent artery hardening and blood clots
- Makes insulin more effective
- Reduces inflammation to relieve pain and muscles cramps
- Improves oxygen use
Why Does It Work?
Epsom salts deliver sulphates, which medical research indicates are needed for the formation of brain tissue, joint proteins and the mucin proteins that lie in the wall of the digestive tract. Studies have shown that sulphates also stimulate the pancreas to generate digestive enzymes and help detoxify the body of residual medicines and environmental contaminants.
Sulphates can be absorbed through the digestive tract, from many foods, however drugs, and medical conditions can interfere with the effectiveness of the delivery method. Studies indicate that sulphates are easily absorbed through the skin. Therefore, soaking in Epsom salts is one of the most easily available means of meeting your bodies needs.
Epsom Salt Bath Soak
Add two cups of Epsom salts to warm water in a standard sized bath. Soak for at least 12 minutes. Repeat this three times a week.
For foot bath: Add a cup of Epsom salts to a tub of warm water to give a balm for aching feet.