What Are The Benefits?
- Energises skin
- Gets rid of toxins
- Revitalises the lymph system
- Tightens skin
- Helps digestion
- Removes cellulite
- Stimulates circulation
- Increases cell renewal
- Cleans lymphatic system
- Removes dead skin cells
- Strengthens immune system
- Improves exchange between cells
- Stimulates the glands, thus helping all the body systems to perform at peak efficiency!
How Does It Work?
The skin is the largest organ so it is a good place to start. Skin brushing revitalises the lymph system and gives your whole body a mini-acupressure workout since your brushing every piece of you skin!
What Is The Role Of Skin?
The skin is the largest organ and is responsible for one fourth of the body’s detoxification, each day making it one of the most important elimination organs, just like the kidney and the colon. More than one pound of waste products is discharged through the skin every day.
If the skin becomes inactive with its pores, choked with millions of dead cells, then impurities will remain in the body. Toxicity can gather beneath the skins surface from common influence such as improper ph levels in soaps, skin creams and deodorants, synthetic fibres worn next to the skin. The other eliminating organs, mainly the kidneys and liver will have to increase their labour and will eventually become overloaded. If toxins and waste build up in the tissues because the liver and kidneys cant cope with their job, sooner or later disease will follow.
How Will I Know It Works?
When you carry out skin brushing you help your lymph system to clean itself of the toxins that collect in the lymph glands. Use simple techniques to improve circulation on the skin which keeps the pores of the skin open. It encourages your body to discharge metabolic wastes and resulting in improved ability to combat bacteria, plus helping you skin look and feel healthier and more resilient
How Do I Do It?
- Buy a natural bristle brush. A natural bristle will not not scratch the skin
- Buy a brush with a long handle so that you are able to get to the parts of the body that are hard to reach
- Skin brush before showering or bathing at lest once a day and twice if possible. Better on a morning as you release adrenaline and may keep you awake at night
- Brush the skin dry; do not wet the skin as it will not have the same effect as brushing the skin wet will stretch the skin!
- Always skin brush towards the heart
- Start at the soles of the feet and work your way up, brushing as vigorously as you feel comfortable
- Do circular counter-clockwise stroke on the abdomen
- Do lighter strokes on the breast area avoiding the nipples, focus on the brush strokes and brush towards the heart
- Do not do the face but give your neck and upper back a really good go!
- Brush every part of the body several times, vigorously, completely brushing every part of the body!
- Take a warm bath or shower, relax and chill out while you expel all the stresses. Followed by a cool rinse at the end to invigorate blood circulation and stimulate surface warmth .
- Avoid sensitive areas and anywhere the skin is broken such as skin rash, wounds, cuts and infections.
- Skin brushing should be carried out first thing in a morning. Every day for a week then have a break for a few weeks. A thorough skin brushing should take about 15 minutes, but any time spent brushing prior to bathing /showering will benefit. If you are feeling ill then increase the brushing to twice a day. The system needs to be done consistently for about five months to see results.
- Use a different brush for each family member for hygiene reason
- Wash the brush every couple of weeks in water and let to dry