At some point in our life we all undertake some form of detox programme. We will reduce the amount of alcohol we intake, become more aware of the food that we eat and realise the impact that the pressures of everyday life are having on our bodies..but this will not remedy the damage that has already been done and a deeper detox or cleansing is needed to rejuvenate the body and protect it from further abuse.
What Is Colonic Hydrotherapy?
It is a safe and gentle internal bath which cleanses the body of excess waste pollutants and toxic substances. The treatment is considered an important therapy to help rejuvenate and maintain overall health and wellbeing.
Colonic Hydrotherapy is also known as Colon Irrigation, Colonic Irrigation, Colon Hydrotherapy, Colon Cleansing.
Colonic Hydrotherapy cleanses the colon, which is one of the most important organs in your body. It carries out a number of vital functions including the completion of the digestive process, protecting us from infection and disease.
Colonic hydrotherapy is the safest and most comfortable way to deep cleanse the body and remove the toxins that are left behind when we naturally excrete wastes. The therapy cleanses the colon, one of the most important organs in the body which carries out a number of vital functions including the completion of digestive processes and protecting us from infection and disease.
Why Cleansing Of The Colon?
The colon is a sewage system, but by neglect and abuse it becomes a cesspool. When it is clean and normal we are happy and well; let it stagnate and it will distil the poisons of decay, fermentation and putrefaction into the blood, poisoning the brain and nervous system so we become mentally depressed and irritable; it will poison the heart so that we are weak and listless; poisons the lungs so that the breath is foul; poisons the digestive organs so that we are distressed and bloated; and poisons the blood so that the skin is sallow and unhealthy. In short every organ of the body is poisoned and we age prematurely, look and feel old, the joints are stiff and painful, neuritis, dull eyes and a sluggish brain over take us; the pleasure of living is gone.
To reverse this condition requires a change in diet, exercise and cleansing procedures. One of the quickest and easiest ways has been found in using colonic hydrotherapy.
This is an extract from a resume of the proceedings written in 1912-13, on the subject of alimentary toxaemia discussed at the Royal Society of Medicine.
Although this was some years ago it is very relevant to the present time and probably even more so since we have removed more and more nutrients from our food, increased chemical fertilisers and insecticides, and fed antibiotics and hormones to livestock, all of which has added toxicity to the system.
Colonic Hydrotherapy Can Help With:
- distended abdomen
- prostate trouble
- difficult weight loss
- frequent colds
- food cravings
- chronic fatigue
- abdominal gas
- body odour
- menstrual problems
- irritable bowel syndrome
- skin problems
What Are The Benefits?
- Removes and cleans the colon of old hard waste material and harmful toxins caused by how we live our lives. Through eating convenience foods, stress in our life/ work and also pollution
- It also stimulates the liver so that we produce more bile which breaks food down better and supports the immune system, in return decreases toxic overload
- The detox restores the natural PH of the body balance
- Provides a better environment for the good bacteria to grow
- Stimulates the peristaltic movement of the bowel, to strengthen it and retonfey. promoting a regular bowel movement
- Allows passage of nutrients into the bloodstream
- As well as easing, reducing and in some cases eliminating these symptoms, colonic hydrotherapy can also benefit sufferers from irritable bowel (IBS), aid weight loss and even help to prevent colon cancer
- Treatments often result in increased energy, advanced mental clarity, clearer skin, improved circulation and enhanced immunity
The Key To Good Health And Vitality:
A clean, strong and well functioning colon is essential to maintaining optimal health
Colonic Irrigation Leeds Prices:
- £65 – Colonic hydrotherapy consultations including hydrotherapy session, after care advice and lifestyle changes
- £195 – Course of 3 colonics, aloe Vera gel & probiotics
(Detox packages are available to suit individual needs)
Why Do inCleanse Colonic Hydrotherapists Stand Out From The Crowd?
- Colonic hydrotherapist have extensive Nursing backgrounds and all still currently work within a clinical environment.
- All therapist are committed to continue with their professional development.
- We see each client as individuals and will assess all clients holistically.
- All therapists are registered with the IPCH and NMC.
- We provide on going support on a one to one basis, over the phone or by email.
- We also have an on line support so you can contact us anytime.
- The clinic is friendly, welcoming and very relaxing.
- Therapists motivate individuals to strive for optimum health.
Most of our clients come from referral’s, GPs, other therapists, existing clients coming for a quick detox or a maintenance colonic. We work very closely with “Cleansing for life”, a detox retreat in Berwick on Tweed where all the therapist at inCleanse have trained. Cleansing for life training centre are very particular in who they choose to teach. They also are very dedicated to the knowledge and experience of the colonic hydrotherapist NOT just training them to sell them equipment at the end of the course, which most training centres do.
Colonic hydrotherapy is a safe and gentle internal bath which sends warm filtered water into your lower bowel and colonic to effectively cleanse years of unwanted waste and toxic substances. This rebalance the colonic by replacing it with friendly bacteria.
Hygienic and odourless. Colonic hydrotherapy is carried out in a private relaxing environment. The treatment will begin by the Nurse/Colonic hydrotherapist taking a detailed confidential consultation and history. The procedure takes about 30-45 minutes, with the practitioner continuing her assessment throughout.
The Nurse/colonic hydrotherapist will gently introduce a low pressure of water into the colon via a tube inserted gently into the rectum via a gravity fed system. The practitioner may use special massage techniques on the abdomen to stimulate the release of the old waste products and introduce herbs to aid the process of detoxification and cleansing.
Colonic hydrotherapy is not habit forming and actually improves the tome of the colon. The therapist practitioner will advise you on how many treatments you will require, depending on case history given on the first appointment. This may vary from one treatment to a series of treatments over a time period.
inCleanse In Association & Register Of Colonic Hydrotherapist
The consultation involves assessing adrenal function, thyroid function, looking at the possibility of food sensitivities, hypoglycemic profile, hypochondria, intestinal permeability, looking for candida, leaky gut syndrome, IBS, IBD, spastic colon and parasites. Following this evaluation clients will receive information and advice about diet and lifestyle, supplementation programmes depending on consultation. The therapist will discuss any future treatment plans or therapies required for optimum health. Clients will receive on going support and advice.
Who Can’t Have A Colonic Hydrotherapy Session?
There are a few contraindications to colonic hydrotherapy:
- Recent Surgery to the rectum or abdomen ( Less than 8 weeks).
- Blood pressure above 160/100
- Blood Pressure below 100/50
- Pregnancy between 3-8 months
- Heart disease
- Kidney disease
- Liver/Gall bladder disease
- Severe hemorrhoids
- Cancer of the rectum, bowel, liver or kidney
- Abdominal hernia
- Bowel perforation
- Long term oral steroid use
Please speak to the practitioner if you have any of these symptoms. We can offer further advice and other treatment options. Minimum age for colonic hydrotherapy is 16 years old. There is no maximum age as long as you have none of the contraindications listed. If you are unsure please contact the clinic for further advice.
The Equipment Used
We use a natural gravity fed system with filtered water, a process from an ancient equipment design. This is our preferred method as it provides our therapists with greater control of the treatment. We do not use electronic pumped systems, common place in other colonic hydrotherapy centres. Thus you are receiving a controlled treatment from our therapists not a machine. All our therapists have experienced various types of cleansing and this is the preferred method! Kirsty Hydrotherapists has extensive knowledge of anatomy, physiology, health education and nutrition. All practitioners trained at a recognised college.